Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Country Living

This past weekend I was introduced to some country traditions in a small town in Ohio. I had never heard of some of the events they had, but I enjoyed watching it very much. I spent the weekend with my boy friend in his area. All the towns near him are pretty small, If you blink you passed one. Every year they have a Corn Festival to celebrate the harvesting of the corn.

My boy friend John enters his tractors into the festival, and does a things call a tractor pull. I have never heard of seen  this before. I had no idea what I was in for.
This is John on his tractor, he pulled 4th in his division. not to bad but he wanted to do better. He does this every year. I found it interesting, some of the tractors are very old and did a really good job.

Along with the tractor pull their was a variety of other games they played like corn on the cob eating contest, pie eating contest, rolling pin throwing contest. Their were others but lots to list.
Their was also a horse pulling contest where they pulled the same things the tractor but did much better at it. Their was also the huge verity of carnival foods.

I had a awesome time, even seen out house races. Yes thats right out houses. They make them out of things like boxes and plastic and fabric. It was so much fun to watch that I forgot to take pictures.

No comments: