Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Not my first cake but my first insperation


I Made this cake for the cousin of my boy friend at the time. Debbie loves Irish things and clovers. So my plan was to make her a chocolate cake with the Irish flag. The cake is yellow cake and brownie mix, mixed together, its a 2 layer 9 inch cake filled with a layer of butter cream frosting and dark chocolate peppermint patties laid out all nice and even. I then placed even more butter cream frosting over the patties. The outside of the cake is a nice thick layer of white butter cream that i sprayed with edible coloring to look like a Irish flag. I then used black frosting that I mixed by mixing several colors together cause I did not have black at the time. It look just like black without the harsh flavor. For the clovers I used a glittery green edible gel. Debbie loved her cake and so did her guest there were no left overs by morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to get a twitter button to your blog. I just marked down this url, however I must do it manually. Simply my suggestion.

Anonymous said...

good start