Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Old Memories My Daddy part 2

A lot of my memories lead me to a new story, they trigger each other. So I might write this way also. Some memories are remembered as dreams. I've dreamed of him being alive. That he would show up at my wedding and walk me down the isle.I have also had many other dreams. A lot of them are of death, not knowing whats to come  I hate surprises. I need to know whats out their.But in reality this is not a dream where I can decide the outcome its real life.But what I hope is their is a heaven and that my dad is looking down and he knows he has grand children and that he also has another child with my mom.
See when dad passed, my mom was about six weeks pregnant with my sister. My mother never had a chance to tell him, she was not even sure yet if she was or not. About nine months later my sister was born. I think my sister has it worse then me. She never got to meet him. She only can see him in a photo. I can only remember him from a photo.

At some point after his passing we moved to a little house. I cant remember much of it, I do know I had a bunk bed and I had the top bunk. I used to love putting all the stuffed toys on top of me and falling asleep. I also knew that our washer and dryer were outside the house. And one day I was walking out their and I managed to step on a slab of wood that had nails on top sticking up. I walked back and forth a few times and step on it enough to get 3 holes in my foot. The part I remember was that it did not hurt, I just left a trail of blood behind me. I was probably 5-6 years old. I still prefer to walk barefoot. Those nails are not the only things I've ever stepped on either.

I remember dad taking us fishing on the piers. Ive never caught a fish in my life. I used to walk on the rocks under the pier and lining the shore. I used to catch the little crabs that hide their. All my memories of fishing with dad are blurred into one trip. What I do remember are parts of each trip that make up on day on the shore.

No comments: